Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dinner in Florence

See the huge meringue cookies in the upper left corner?!?

Danielle, Spiros and I went our for dinner tonight and we ended up at a spaghetteria down in the main square where many of the locals were hanging out. The waitress was a little slow but the food was actually one of the best meals I have had in Italy thus far. I hate to sound slightly negative but the food in Italy has not been anything memorable, very opposite from Greece. However tonight was a different story. I ordered tortalini rose, which was tortalini pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach in a cream sauce. We also got caprese salad for appetizers and I finally got a beer, yeay!



Danielle got spaghetti was pesto sauce which was really yummy but could have been better with a little feta cheese on top :P After we went across the street and got some more gelatto, caffe flavor of course! This time though I couldn't finish my entire cone and had to throw some away. Sad face. I had a hard time deciding though between the gelatto and the enormous meringue cookies! The caffe gelatto makes me burp though and every time it tastes like Kaluah, bad at first but awesome after!



Jackie just got back from drinking all day and she is in the bathroom complaining about the towels. She is right though they aren't towels they are sheets.



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Powered by ShowMeBlogger.com

No comments: