Saturday, June 12, 2010

15000 Tons of Marble



Sorry I haven't posted since Tuesday! My phone didn't work yesterday it got shut down for "fraud" the phone company says. But its back up and running! Yesterday was a walking tour of Florence where we saw, of course, the cathedral in Duomo square where there is a duplicate Statue of David, picture to come. Then we walked down to the river where there are bridges crossing the river with houses built on them! Along the river is a chain link hand rail where people write their name and the name of the partner, lock the lock on the fence, then throw the keys into the river. According to Florence stories, those who do this stay in love together for eternity. Its very pretty to see, I even saw one lock with a name carved into it with two wedding rings locked on it, very very beautiful it gave me goose bumples. My guess is those are the rings of a couple who has passed away and their family/friends wanted them to stay in love in the past life. Ill try to put up a picture in a bit. Every three weeks though the fences become too full and heavy that they have to come cut off all the locks. I am not sure what they do with them after that.



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Powered by ShowMeBlogger.com

No comments: