Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Arrived in Prague

ceska korunas

We traveled what was supposed to be five hours but turned to be about six and a half when the bus driver got lost from Munich to Prague today. The hotel room is not as nice as our room in Munich but at least there is water pressure and a blow dryer! Here in Czech of course they don't take the euro so I had to take some money out of the atm. It is a little difficult to get used to their currency, 1 euro is 25 ceska korunas "czech crowns" and one ceska koruna is 0.047 us dollars. Interesting right? I pulled 1,400 ceska korunas out of the atm which was only about 65 US dollars. Whew this is going to be a long four days with this money, and the worst thing is once you have the currency you cant exchange it back into euros so you have to use it all!



We walked down the street a ways to find a place to eat which looked a little sketchy but we ended up having an amazing meal for only 190 czech crowns! (about 8 euros). I got a pasta with smoked salmon, sun dried tomatoes, capers, and a light lemon butter sauce. I actually think it was one of the best things I have eaten on this entire trip to be honest. Tomorrow we have a bunch planned, walking tours and what not but the next day we have free time where we can hopefully find the Lennon peace wall for some cool pics and visit the Communist museum. I hope we don't get lost!



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Powered by ShowMeBlogger.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I'm caught up in your blog and I feel like I'm there with you! I wish I did a blog but everytime I got on my comp I just sent my parents a 2 page essay :) But i made an italy journal which took hours writing and writing..


Love your life right now Sam !! post more:)